If you have used disposable nappies at all this week no doubt you dread going to the wheelie bin. The smell after a week of baking out in the sun is not only gross it all ends up in the landfill.
The good news is that we have some simple hacks you can do at home to reduce the waste that your family creates each year:
1. Swop plastic pegs with reusable ones
2. When going to the pool or beach pop a reusable Sassy Pants swimming nappy on your baby or toddler instead of an expensive disposable one.
3. Replace your plastic bag to store clothes or dirty nappies with a reusable 2 pocket wet bag
4. Period undies are not only super comfy they are great for the envirnoment. They come in different shapes and sizes to meet your needs.
5. During toilet training use a reusable Wee Pants training pant instead of pull ups
6. Try using a Sassy Pants nappy on your baby - even if you used one once a day that would save 365 nappies going to the landfill each year.
If every parent make small simple changes then that would add up to big changes for the land we leave our children.